Saturday, November 29, 2014

Billy Jeff the Zipper got a stern talking-to and behaved himself long enough to get elected

So says Clinton insider Susan Thomases.  She gave it to him straight up in 1992:

“I told him if I found him having sex on the campaign, he was dead, that I was leaving and taking everybody with me,” Thomases, now 70, said, according to the Mail.
“I said, ‘You’re stupid enough to blow this whole presidential thing over your dick. And if that turns out to be true, buddy, I’m going home, and I’m taking people with me. If you don’t have enough self-control to keep yourself straight, then it’s just dumb.’”
While Clinton’s lack of self-control in the face of randy, ready intern Monica Lewinsky nearly proved to be the undoing of his presidency six years later, Thomases believes her scolding caused Clinton to mend his ways on the 1992 campaign trail.
Yet more confirmation of what everybody knows.  And still the exorbitant speaking fees and foundation pow-wows and warm regard from the flippin' Bush family come his way.  Yet another front where narrative has trumped reality.


5 comments:

  1. What would you have done unto him, assuming it's your call, which of course it isnt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Suz handled it about as well as possible, given Billy Jeff's dual ambitions to go as far as possible politically and also have as much sex as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, all that was over 2 decades ago. Interesting, but not that surprising, how certain Christian principles like forgiving to be forgiven, judging not, lest one be judged, the beam in one;s eye vs. the mote in the neighbors, turning the other cheek, etc. go out the window when it comes to politics. But got to hand it to ya, you sure know human nature. You're every bit as fallen as tne next guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno how many low info listeners bought it, but I heard Rush crowing a couple years back how the election of GWB was a voter repudition of the general immorality of the Clinton ethos. I don't think so, then, or now, do you? Of course judgementalism can and has been used as a political weapon. That time the voters didnt buy it, because we all know that other guy won the popular vote.

    All that moralism still has not soaked through to the electorate. Clinton - - the former first lady, U.S. senator and secretary of state - - is currently the clear favorite to win the presidency in 2016 with 5/4 odds from PaddyPower.com, a popular sports gambling site. Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor, comes in second place with 8/1 odds. Neither politician has officially announced a run, but if Bush were elected, he would take office 28 years after his father and only eight years after his older brother bowed out.

    Bush has said he will only run for the presidency if he can do so “joyfully.” I'd wager that the TPers will have something to say about joy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager. After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were," she wrote. "Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience." -some hitherto unknown staffer for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN) who wrote in a Facebook post that the Obama girls did not dress with "class" and looked like they were dressed for "a spot at a bar."

    ReplyDelete