Thursday, June 12, 2014

My, aren't we testy?

The H-word Creature gets her back fur stiffened in response to a line of questioning from NPR's Terry Gross:

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t answer my question about whether you evolved or it was the American public that changed,” Gross said finally.
“You know I really, I have to say, I think you being very persistent, but you are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue,” Clinton answered testily.
“I’m just trying to clarify so I can understand,” began Gross.
“No, I don’t think you are trying to clarify,” snapped Clinton. “I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that’s just flat wrong.”
Clinton insisted that she did not change her mind for political reasons and highlighted her record on the issue.
“I did not grow up even imagining gay marriage and I don’t think you did either,” she said. “This was an incredible new and important idea that people on the front lines of the gay right movement began to talk about and slowly, but surely, convinced others about the rightness of that position. When I was ready to say what I said, I said it.”

Not a bd explanation, no doubt fueled by her irritation at having been asked about it, of how Godless Freedom-Haters come by their "principles."

6 comments:

  1. I listened to the entire interview. It was not that snippy and it all quickly returned to cordiality and ended well. There is nothing here your ilk can use to trump the "What difference does it make." Hard choices, sound bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a better one, duh: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/hillary-clinton-makes-a-mistake-about-abraham-lincoln/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that one, too. In some ways, it is better. All in all, the book launch has gone less than smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn it's gonna be a long campaign. Presidential politics is not for wussies, but idiots and complete idiots can and do apply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The left is firing back here, but this guy aint runnin' that I know of: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ari-fleischer-forgets-year-america-invaded-iraq

    Rick Perry has just compared homosexuality to alcoholism but I think he did it grammatically, if not scientifically. Read more at http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/In-S-F-Rick-Perry-compares-homosexuality-to-5546544.php

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes Perry a HATER, doncha know!

    ReplyDelete