Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday evening roundup

Ace has an exquisite takedown of the I-hate-how-much-I-love-to-grill guy at Salon.  It had been a while since I'd run into such a neurotically narcissistic screed, and I gave some thought to blogging about it myself, but now it would be superfluous.

Hasn't pretty much any annual dinner of the local-level Freedom-Hater party that you've ever heard about been called the Jefferson-Jackson dinner? Not anymore in Connecticut.

Secretaries Global-Test, Moniz and Lew appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee today to spin the Iran surrender. It was as lame a performance as any of them has ever turned in.

Allen West breathes fire in Times Square over that surrender. I wish every one of us in post-America had this guy's love of freedom, decency, and common sense.

Rich Lowry demonstrates that Ta-Nehisi Coates accomplishes being simultaneously silly and spiritually rotten - even as he wields undeniable writing chops.

Now go enjoy your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment