Wednesday, August 7, 2019

"Monsters" is the exact right term for these people

 Here's why:

“This president, who helped create the hatred that made Saturday's tragedy possible, should not come to El Paso,” tweeted Democratic presidential hopeful Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke, an El Paso native and former congressional representative for the city. “We do not need more division,” he added. “We need to heal. He has no place here.”
Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas), the current congresswoman for El Paso, told MSNBC on Monday that Trump “is not welcome” in the city while its residents are still mourning the dead.
“I hope that he has the self-awareness to understand that we are in pain and we are mourning and we’re doing our very best … to continue to be resilient,” she said. “And so I would ask his staff and his team to consider the fact that his words and his actions have played a role in this.”
Now, here's who called them monsters.

It's such a shame that two of our local politicians (I refuse to say their names as they don't deserve it) are saying that our President is not welcome on Wednesday. I cannot believe how these monsters are using the tragic event to push their political agenda. I lost my brother and sister-in-law on Saturday. My family and I are living a horrible nightmare. The visit from our President will be more than comforting to my family. He will not be here for a political agenda. The two monsters from El Paso, who do not deserve to be mentioned by name nor even the nicknames I have for them, are just pure evil. My brothers body was still laying at Walmart on Saturday night when they decided to make this into a political issue and push their agenda by blaming our President for this. Rather than focusing on the situation and the individual who destroyed the lives of many, these evil people selfishly turned this into a political war. I'm equally as angered by those two as I am with the person who took my brother and his wife from me, typing this I think I feel more animosity towards those two evil politicians. - Deborah
Another Texas Dem, Representative Joachin Castro, needs to be included in that category:

The Twitter account operated by Texas Rep. Joaquin Castro's reelection campaign listed 44 residents of San Antonio who donated the maximum amount to President Trump's campaign for reelection so far this year.
"Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of ⁦@BillMillerBarBQ⁩, owner of the ⁦@HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning, etc⁩." the Monday tweet said. "Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as 'invaders.'"
Here's the difference between Democrats and normal people - and even most Trumpists: the latter two groups do not impart an ideological charge to situations in which people's hearts are in anguish. Decent human beings do not use such moments as opportunities to advance political causes.

We must pray that these monsters make the conscious decision to no longer be monsters, as we do all our enemies.





5 comments:

  1. A number of Dems have condemned Castro too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you cite them? Would lend some substance to your assertion. In this article - about how Rashid Tlaib endorses Castro's move - the author says this: "Democratic condemnation of Castro’s incitement to date has so far been muted to the point of practically being non-existent."

    https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2019/08/07/tlaib-endorses-castros-doxxing-tactics-proving-democratic-concern-incitement-gigantic-lie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I guess just me so far. Is it true that Pubs have done this to many Dems in the past and advocate for more dosclosure of Dem donors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, citation of specific examples would be helpful.

    I do think it's pretty hilarious that one of the donors that Castro outed also donated to him and now says, "That's the last dollar to you, buck-o."

    ReplyDelete