Monday, July 24, 2017

Fostering esprit de corps is not Squirrel-Hair's strong suit

The guy may have a base of brainwashed #MAGA zombies that will carry his water to the ends of the earth, but among those who sign on for paid positions in his inner circle, it doesn't appear to matter if you got on his train the moment it first blew its whistle.

Rudy, you ought to think about that before you start taking this seriously:

President Trump is reportedly considering the idea of nominating Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and an ardent Trump defender, to serve as attorney general.
Axios reported Monday Trump is exploring the possibility of tapping Giuliani, and the news comes days after the president has publicly expressed frustration with the current attorney general, Jeff Sessions.
In a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times last week, Trump said he was angry with Sessions for recusing himself from the investigation into ties between Trump campaign officials from Russia.
The president said he never would've tapped Sessions for attorney general had he known the former senator would recuse himself from the probe.
"Sessions should have never recued himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job, and I would have picked somebody else," Trump told the New York Times in an interview.
A little side observation: Conversely, it doesn't matter if S-H rips you a new one, either. He may sit down with you, as he has here with the New York Times, and give you all kinds of revealing tidbits with which to dominate a news cycle.

But with regard to dissing Sessions, he got right back into it this week:

Trump also slammed the "beleaguered" attorney general, as well as the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, in a tweet Monday morning for not investigating Hillary Clinton.
"So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?" Trump tweeted.
Perhaps the way top officials and close confidants come and go with S-H is why, according to a poll, only 27 percent of Americans think he will serve out his term.  With the flightiness he demonstrates daily, I wouldn't be surprised if many among the other 73 percent think he may just fire himself.

UPDATE: Recommended reading: Michael Brendan Dougherty's NRO piece "Donald Trump Is a Nightmare Boss."


  1. It said that Rex, who hasn't been impressed with the way Trump is treating Jeffie is next to leave. I hear he done a bit of damage at State in his short tenure, which will not last out the year. You Republicans are a sad bunch.

  2. Me either. Never! At least you, me, and WSJ agree:

    "Schadenfreude for Democrats can’t get much better than watching the Republican party self-humiliate"

  3. And you ran, you ran so far away. When there's nothing to run but run, you'll have to leave it to folks who can take the lead and keep it together, or at least look like they are.

  4. I'd like to see Ted Cruz wander out to Iowa for a county GOP dinner or two.

  5. I really think Trump will not run again. Then you can return to your party like the fair weather friend you appear to be. At least the Dems can hold together their cabinetry and at least appear to present a unified front to the world, wussified as it may be. And even fend off the never-ending witch hunts your former ilk are apparently so fond of.

  6. I see no reason to be consistently faithful to a political party.

    I know Dems do the unified-front thing. I know a local party operative who pretty clearly operates from a standpoint of, "If they have a D after their name, drag 'em over the finish line, however ya gotta do it."

    I have no use for such tribalism.