Thursday, July 21, 2016

Ted was sandbagged

Everybody on the Squirrel-Hair campaign team knew how Ted's speech was going to go down, and they saw an opportunity to try to harm his standing in the Pub party:

  1. Donald Trump knew Cruz’s speech text in advance.
  2. Cruz told Trump two days in advance that he would not endorse him.
  3. The speech itself congratulated Trump on winning the nomination, ripped Hillary Clinton, extolled freedom, and then told Americans to vote their conscience.
  4. When Cruz gave the pre-approved speech clearly ripping Hillary and telling Americans to vote based on principle, Trump minions reportedly began whipping the crowd into boos. Paul Manafort reportedly “grinned and chuckled when asked by Mark Halperin if Trump aides encouraged boos of Cruz from the floor.”
  5. Trump obviously knew what was coming, too, and entered the arena as Cruz concluded his speech, before Cruz was booed off the stage.
Trump has now tweeted out a slap at Cruz: “Ted Cruz booed off the stage, didn’t honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!” Sean Spicer of the pathetic Republican National Convention said that he was “hoping for better,” even though the text was pre-screened. Donald Trump Jr. appeared with Sean Hannity to exclaim, “The best unity I saw was everyone booing [Cruz] off the stage.”
So, to summarize, Trump knew what was coming, apparently planned the boos, and planned to take advantage of the situation in order to vindictively rip open a Republican rift that hurts his own campaign, and cast Cruz as a traitor.
Then he lied about it. 
And he did it all because he despises Ted Cruz, because he’s a petty man, and because he’s a stupid boor.
This, folks, is not our party anymore.

9 comments:

  1. Just let Trump build that wall for you and do all the other good stuff you're on board with and forget the bad. Bad is Hillie, right? That's all I'm hearing from the arena in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So you try your damnedest to portray her. She may be. But Trump is a snake and Cruz knew or should have known. Sorry, his bad.

      Delete
  3. I think it was Hewitt or Prager (they sound alike to me) said it was the longest political suicide note in history. Too Truthful Ted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was struck by the angry white women who addressed the RNC last eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in a mood this afternoon where this post at Ace of Spades really resonated with me:

    http://minx.cc:1080/?post=364871

    Especially this line:

    But increasingly, I guess, I don't care who wins. This country is just fucking stupid. The entire GOP is fucking stupid. I cannot tolerate this unending stupidity from maniacs.

    Ace does conclude by intimating that he's seriously considering giving up blogging. I'm not there yet. After all, someone who is not a stupid maniac needs to document these times for future study.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in a mood this afternoon where this post at Ace of Spades really resonated with me:

    http://minx.cc:1080/?post=364871

    Especially this line:

    But increasingly, I guess, I don't care who wins. This country is just fucking stupid. The entire GOP is fucking stupid. I cannot tolerate this unending stupidity from maniacs.

    Ace does conclude by intimating that he's seriously considering giving up blogging. I'm not there yet. After all, someone who is not a stupid maniac needs to document these times for future study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it grounds for annulment that my wife has been leaning Trump since almost the beginning but, won't come out and openly admit it. All my trashing, and I have been on rolls since the first of the year, intensifying in March, doesn't seem to be getting through. I know she hates Hillie real bad. Me, Trump is so bad he must be defeated and I will have to hold my nose and vote for another 4 years of the gd clintons. At least the world pretty much knows what to expect. It is already evident that he's gonna be the vision guy, cutting deals (which by their very nature leave many others out) all over the Universe if he can get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all over for post-America. May your marriage not be a metaphor for that.

    ReplyDelete