Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Why we call them Freedom-Haters - today's edition

Swedish meteorologist Lennart Bengtsson recently converted from believing that there was some kind of human-caused "climate change" that spelled doom for the planet and all life on it to understanding that that was not the case.  After he had converted, he joined the board of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, a sceptic think tank.

He has now abruptly resigned that position, because he's afraid for his health and safety.

“I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. I see therefore no other way out therefore than resigning from GWPF. I had not expecting such an enormous world-wide pressure put at me from a community that I have been close to all my active life. Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy. I would never have expecting anything similar in such an original peaceful community as meteorology. Apparently it has been transformed in recent years.
Under these situation I will be unable to contribute positively to the work of GWPF and consequently therefore I believe it is the best for me to reverse my decision to join its Board at the earliest possible time.”

I know that in my personal experience, there is no type of FHer more vicious and determined to squelch debate than the climate zealot. They immediately go for the ad hominem attacks and portrayals of you as a lunatic.

I think it's because, more than any other arena of the current war for the West's soul - sex-and-gender issues, economic inequality, gun rights, immigration, culture, religion - it's the one with the most wide-reaching possibility for control.  It's imperative that they get the populace to embrace their outlandish claims, so as to be able to impose their comprehensive destruction of our basic liberty.

They will get more vicious as their discrediting becomes more and more plain. Count on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment