Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MSM reporter nonplussed by the MEC's demeanor

CNN correspondent doesn't quite know what to make of the MEC's dispassionate, bureaucratic response to his meeting with Shinseki:

Drew Griffin, a CNN reporter who has followed and broken several stories regarding the Department of Veterans Affairs scandal, was in disbelief over President Obama’s inaction following his private meeting with Secretary Eric Shinseki. The president indicated that the administration would continue to look into the situation before doing anything.
“I was a little caught off-guard by what apparently is a disconnect by what’s happening out here in the country and what the president is talking about,” Griffin said after the president’s briefing. “I hate to be curt, but these GAO reports, these Office of Inspector General, these memos dating back to 2010 to 2008 — this problem is real, it exists, it really doesn’t have to be studied as to what’s going on.”
“The government has done its job studying these issues,” he continued. “To say that you are going to now wait for yet again for more studies to come back and more fact-finding to come back, I would think that the vets I’ve been talking to wanted much more direct action of what actually is going to happen going forward instead of, ‘Wait and see, and then we’ll decide what’s going to happen going forward.’”

I'm not sure why he is surprised.  The MEC's modus operandi has always been, "You guys conduct a  study on this.  I'll take my cell phone with me to the golf course."

No comments:

Post a Comment