Friday, August 31, 2012

An encouraging juncture

I'm up to my eyeballs in research and interviews for for article deadlines early next week, so I'm not sure when I'll have the time to blog at length as I want to about the just-concluded Pub convention.  So many great speeches - Artur Davis, Nikki Haley, Condi Rice, Marco Rubio, Mia Love, Paul Ryan, and, of course, our nominee.  And re: him, I understand what makes him tick a lot better now.  Some of his ways have caused me discomfort over the years, but a kinder and more decent man you can't find.  And, of course, Clint Eastwood's unforgettable conversation with the empty chair.

Right now, before I get back to the paid writing, let me say that the new surge of energy among the majority of Americans on the right side of the ideological center line is palpable.  And it's clear that the left is out of intellectual gas.

Victory sure looks doable as of this last day of August.

Then comes the hard work - economic, geostrategic, cultural, and spiritual.

UPDATE: And let's not forget Susana Martinez, who delivered one of the best lines of the entire three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment