Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Israel, more isolated than ever

There is, of course, the MEC regime's attempt to demand that it trade land for peace.  There are the al-Qaeda cells operating in the Sinai.  There are the sophisticated and increasingly lethal weapons (some from Libya) being stored and used in Gaza.  There is the IAEA's assessment that Iran is definitely about to get nukes.  There is the UN's Round Three of the Durban Conference. And now, Turkey is stepping up naval patrols in the eastern Mediterranean.

Michael J. Totten at Pajamas Media also notes Turkey's expulsion of Israel's diplomatic corps.  Totten says that the Erdogan regime, by simultaneously condemning what the Assad regime is doing in Syria and showing increasing hostility to Israel, is attempting to serve as a foil to the regional influence of the mullocracy in Iran.  In all this vying for regional prominence, where is the nation-state that will forthrightly assert staunch support for the area's only Western country?

9 comments:

  1. Where does China's supposed efforts to sell arms to Gadaffi fit in here? Are we going to work to avoid war or go to war? The Prophet Perry might have us in one fast since he and his are going to heaven. Whatever happened to the separation of church and state? Pray for rain in Texas y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing has happened to the separation of church and state. I am unclear, however, how it relates to the current changes in Turkey's policy toward Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how China's arms sales to the Ghaddafi regime fit in here? Was that a leading question for which you have the answer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just that it is clear who China is lining up against, but that might make you snicker inside since Libya is the so-called Obama's war. You have to realize that the numbers have been lining up against Israel since its creation as a modern state back in 1948. They took their land by force so why should it be surprising to you and yours that forces will try to take it back by force? I personally am OK with Israel, but when it comes to fighting a horrible nuclear war over it, well, no, let them fight their own battles. They got their nukes. Of course we Christians got out prophets and their prophesies. To hear Rick Perry tell it, there are still prophets here among us. Do you think Perry, or for that matter, Romney, the two Pub front-runners,which does not appear likely to change, even if your former governor of Alaska who quit in mid-term enters the race, will keep their respective religions out of it, like Kennedy once had to convince the naysayers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bring the separation of church and state into the discussion because there is no denying the radical Christian perspective that welcomes Armageddon. I think Bush and Perry are part of that myself. You seem to want us to back Israel beyond nuclear war. I do not personally think it's worth it. Damn my soul to hell I guess. You want hell? Let's play war!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those to whom the term "Western civiliation" means nothing can't be expected to understand the importance of defending Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any one I know? I took a course on it in college and my ancestors and I live in it. And Eastern civilization means something to me through my learning too. I think you'll understand my concerns that its all gonna blow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, certainly the possibility exists for it all to blow. But is our price for avoiding it choosing not to defend that which is sacred?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spare me the religious warfare. My God wants us to work this out without bloodshed.

    ReplyDelete