Friday, December 18, 2015

All that's left is for the Most Equal Comrade to sign the damn thing

The Senate follows the House in passing the omnibus spending package.

These people really are intent on taking post-America past the breaking point, aren't they?

UPDATE: Came across the voting breakdown in the House. Was pleased - and not at all surprised - to see such principled stalwarts as Trey Gowdy and Louis Gohmert among the nays. Disheartened to see Mia Love among the yays. Among the Indiana delegation, of course the great Marlin Stutzman was a nay, as was Todd Young. My own representative, Luke Messer was - sigh - a yay. I first became aware of Messer when I met him in person. I stood beside him at a rally for the mayoral candidate in my city, at which Governor Pence was a featured speaker. Messer was then himself still just a candidate, and in the course of our conversation he struck me as a principled guy. Alas, once they get a swig of that Potomac water . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment