Thursday, February 20, 2014

Newt refuses to go along with the down-is-up strategy

On CNN's Situation Room, Wolf Blitzer tries to get Newt to focus on Ted Nugent's characterization of the Most Equal Comrade as a "subhuman mongrel" and puke all over himself condemning it.

Newt didn't take the bait:

I always love selective media outrage. As the party of Hollywood, the Democrats have lots of donors and supporters who say truly stupid things. Truly outrageous things. But let's go right to the heart of the Democratic party. The Saturday before the 2000 election, Al Gore went to a black church and charged that George W. Bush would appoint judges to return blacks to be counted as three-fifths of a person. In 2012 Vice President Biden went to a black audience and said if the Republicans win within 100 days, they will put you back in chains. Now why isn't there some accountability for tremendously outrageous, vicious, and racist  statements by Democratic elected officials, not just entertainers? And I just think there's a double standard here. What Ted Nugent said was stupid. I don't support it. He's a big supporter of the Second Amendment, which I am. But in this case, it's not a smart thing to do. But I do think the level of selective outrage, particularly on the entertainment left, where they often day after day say much more vicious things about Republicans, it's just kind of funny to watch.
[snip]

I would love to have the media condemn a major Democrat for some of the vicious things they have said. I have never seen it done. I don't expect to see it done in my lifetime. I think this is entirely selective outrage. Again, I'm not defending Ted Nugent. I think what he said was wrong and he shouldn't have said it. But I also think that the outrage is remarkably selective.



The propaganda arm of the regime would like you to believe that the way Ted Nugent talks is representative of typical conservative rhetoric.

What would make for an interesting study if someone had the time and money is a comparison of the number of times a Freedom-Hater is publicly taken to task  for outrageous utterings versus the frequency with which conservatives rebuke their own for such talk.  I'm not sure how you'd go about such a study in any scientific way.  I guess you'd have to limit it to television appearances, columns, blog posts.

I do know that I have seen plenty of enthusiastic Facebook postings of Bill Maher's verbal sewage.  You'll have to trust me on this, but I never see the pronouncements of righties who have gone overboard used to make points on my newsfeed.

But when one of ours does go overboard, we are all expected to drop the main point of discussion and publicly wash our hands of any kind of association.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ted, probably been called a subhuman mongrel by more of the old Middle America than he realizes.

    ReplyDelete