Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why I don't carry water for the Republican party

I thoroughly understand the argument for taking over the party from within, and the folly of splintering off to form a third party.  I just don't know that the GOP isn't in the terminal stages of Reasonable Gentleman Syndrome.

Ken Cuccinelli says the national-level Republican party cut him loose.  Didn't lift a finger to help.

I honestly don't know what satisfaction there is in being an accommodationist with applesauce where your gonads should be.  I guess these books like This Town and the one by Schweizer have it right.  These guys are content to be "Old Bulls" with all the power, perks and regard that go with that.  It sounds like a hollow existence to me.

The fact that Cuccinelli damn near pulled it off after polls had written him off weeks ago attests to the formidable scope of a real conservative base.  At some point the RGS-afflicted establishment types are going to have to see us as a threat, even if they don't recognize the Freedom-Haters as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment