Thursday, June 18, 2015

Carly Fiorina's greatest political skill: maintaining her clarity while thinking on her feet

And that's rather rare these days.  Here she is handling a volley from Whoopi Goldberg on The View pretty much perfectly:

“Because I -- you said some wonderful things and it made me ask the question: If you feel that women should have the choice -have the choices, why do you think choice is not a good thing?” Goldberg asked.
And here’s one thing I love about Fiorina. She’s so direct and articulate. She totally stands her ground, and I LOVE it.
“Well, look, I think that abortion is obviously a very delicate subject,” she replied. “I happen to believe that science is proving us right. I mean, the zygote – the DNA in a zygote is the same the day you die. But I understand, respect, we don't all agree. We do have common ground on this issue now. The majority of women, the majority of young people, the majority of Americans now think that late term abortion for any reason at all is a problem. So, what I say is let's go find that.”
Of course, The View’s women started squeaking and squawking again, because THAT COULDN’T POSSIBLY BE TRUE. But Fiorina went over them and said, “I think if you read the polls, you would see that.”
BOOM.

Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment