Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The political is indeed personal

This stinks so bad.  So bad.

One of my alma maters, Butler University - my master's degree in history is from there - has a political science professor who has instructed her students in her class syllabus to purge any American-ness, whiteness, maleness or heterosexuality from the perspectives they take when writing papers or essay answers on exams.

The linked article about this doesn't mention the professor by name, but as soon as I find out, I'll update this post.

I do know that the dean of liberal arts, Jay Howard, is on board with her stance.  Says it challenges the students or some such dog vomit.

I know Howard personally.  For several years he was a sociology professor at IUPUC, where I am an adjunct lecturer.  He was even interim campus chancellor for a time.  I was on good terms with him professionally, but I knew he read my opinion column in the local paper and always sensed that it was a factor in our relations.  I also knew that he leaned left.  (He was involved in local Democrat politics.)  It seems he's now in the catbird seat, able to endorse and empower this kind of poison and happily accelerate the momentum with which our culture decomposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment