Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A report on the ground from south-central Indiana



Okay, I'm back home and I've taken off my objective journalist hat now. It was hard to keep it on straight at the GOP event in my county, which I covered for Reising Radio Partners. Got great interviews with Greg Pence, the new Indiana 6th District House member (on the left in the photo), and Ryan Lauer, newly elected state representative from our district (on the right).

Really proud of Ryan. I know him and his wife Blair fairly well. In fact, chatted with his parents as my wife and I were going in to our polling place to vote this morning. Christian people, committed to free market economics, options-oriented education policy, and fierce defenders of the right to life of the unborn.

Saw a lot of old friends. It was a pretty electric atmosphere.

Now watching national coverage on FNC. Florida governor's race (also Senate race) on a knife edge, which I don't understand. It's a state with no income tax! Panhandle numbers still to come in.

And I realize not many votes are yet tallied in Texas, but that Senate race is starting off on a really perplexing note.

Abrams being left in a cloud of dust in Georgia governor race at this point, which is beautiful to see.

James still coming up short against Stabenow in Michigan. We shall see.

Blackburn wins in Tennessee against Bredesen. Yay!

What I liked about the speeches at the local event was how God was invoked pretty much to a speaker. These are people informed by solid values.

God reigns supreme, no matter what happens in this realm.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like Allah captured MN 5th District seat though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, if God has not been so busy helping Pubs in Bartholomew Co., IN, the 4 time married Kim Davis in KY might not have lost her county clerkship.

      Delete
  2. But the Devil went up to Michigan to ger some killer ass weed legalization in up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the Indiana State Bull will be waiting at the line to stop and search as the devil goes down to Georgia.

    ReplyDelete