Herewith a brief - no doubt incomplete - list of the major expressions of cornered-animal rage from the Left since Inauguration Day:
- the riot in downtown DC the day of the Inauguration
- the pussy-hat marches around the nation the next day
- Democrat Senators boycotting meeting of committees on which they serve when it's been time to vote on cabinet appointments
- acting AG Sally Yates refusing to enforce the immigration order
- Sarah Silverman calling for a military coup against the new administration'
- the riot in Berkeley in response to the scheduled Milo Yiannopoulos appearance
- Nancy Pelosi saying that the Gorsuch nomination is bad for anybody who drinks water, takes medicine or eat food.
The Left is posing a basic question to the nation: To what extent does the American public still understand the notion of basic decorum, dignity, intellectual clarity and self-respect?
I have not pursued polling information on the question of how the public is reacting to the sum total of the above hissy fits, but it's clear that Trump's poll numbers are not hurting.
The basic message that Yates, Silverman, Pelosi, Ashely Judd, Keith Ellison, Michael Moore et al are sending us is that infantile displays of venomous rage are acceptable behavior.
My sense is that not too many folks outside their echo chamber are buying it.
For all the weirdness of post-America (Exhibit A: transgendered Boy Scouts), we still expect people to generally be able to get a grip.