Friday, November 15, 2019

Michelle Malkin has lost her marbles

You'll notice that the "Read These Too" list on the right side of your screen is one website shorter than it was a few minutes ago - or whenever you last stopped by LITD. There will be no more linky love for Michelle Malkin.

This has been a very strange and disorienting day for your blog host. Reportage so far has included Jeff Sessions's self-abasement, the completion of Rush Limbaugh's transformation into a buffoon, and the national-security community's alarm at Trump's 400 percent increase in what it is charging South Korea to enjoy US military protection. (Along with a couple of news items that deal with the Left's latest attacks on our civilization; I guess those would qualify as "normal" outrages in these strange times.)

For years I greatly admired Michellle Malkin. She has done some courageous investigative reporting and has forthrightly championed values that any conservative (at least prior to the last few years) would hold dear.

I honestly hadn't been paying much attention to her lately, but a couple of days ago, I came upon this dustup she had with Jonah Goldberg on Twitter:

When anti-Semites use you as a fig leaf and you support anti-Semites I lose interest in making the subtle distinctions you crave. And when you call me open borders — never mind all your other vile bullshit — you prove you lost your mind. It’s sad. I used to respect you.
Replying to 
Oh, hey, it's Jonah Goldberg trashing me as anti-Semitic & saying I've "lost my mind" (that's the officially sanctioned talking point) on immigration, when I've remained vocal & consistent for the 25 yrs he has "known" me.

So a little while ago, I cast a glance at the aforementioned "Read These, Too" list, I saw that she had a pretty recent piece at her site. It turns out to be the text of a speech she recently gave at a Young Americans for Freedom event at UCLA and it nearly made my eyeballs pop out. It's wild. Not only does she go after Ben Shapiro and Paul Ryan, she lights into Trumpists such as Charlie Kirk and Kimberly Guilfoyle.

So, if the Very Stable Genius's cult worshippers aren't sufficiently hard-ass for her, for just whom does she reserve her admiration? Are you ready? Nick Fuentes and Peter Brimelow.

Just wow.

So, Michelle Malkin is now dead to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment