Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Devil has devoured this woman's soul

Pardon me for passing along something that may stick with you all day in a really unpleasant way.

[In a clip from a PBS documentary] a red-haired woman is seen talking a nurse. She’s currently pregnant with twins in the clip. As she and the nurse talk she is handed a pill which will kill the babies and initiate a miscarriage. The woman takes the pill on screen, which is you, the viewer, effectively watching as a woman kills her babies.
As this happens, the nurse describes the process, saying that after 24 hours she will take an additional pill that will then begin the cramps and bleeding that will push what she calls the “pregnancy tissue” out of her body.

The woman who swallowed the pill is then interviewed, and she gives what I can only describe as an incredibly disturbing justification for aborting her twin babies.
“What I hope I feel is a sense of peace — not only with myself and the decision I’ve made — but also a sense of peace with these two beings that I’ve chosen not to bring into the world,” says the woman.

She then speaks to the camera but addresses the babies she’s just aborted.
“Thank you for choosing me, and I’m honored to be given this gift of life, and also I can’t do it right now,” she said. “I can’t accept that mantle in terms of the other lives I’m taking care of and I’m responsible for.” 
This is no different morally from someone who would look into the eyes of someone desperately clinging by fingertips to the edge of a cliff, and say, "I know you're in a tough spot, but I have a busy schedule today."

3 comments:

  1. That was yesterday. Today and all tomorrows await her remorse, repentance and conversion which can be a beyond beautiful thing for her as it was for you and me. That's all it takes to free her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless you have hitherto unrevealed inside information about the devil and what devouring means and, if so, by all means please share for consideration and verification. I have heard about the millstone and the depths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray hard for that remorse, repentance and conversion. Pray hard for the millions of post-American feminists who have similarly permitted themselves to be poisoned.

    And stop it with the "hitherto unrevealed inside information." Discussing Satan is not reserved for theology PhDs.

    ReplyDelete