Thursday, June 13, 2019

Five short years ago, this guy would have been given the heave-ho in a microsecond

But now that drag-queens conducting library kiddie reading hours, and sports teams and music performers boycotting states that insist that males and females use restrooms designated for them, you have to expect a school district is going to sit on its cowardly hands when faced with this:

A male elementary school teacher identified himself in a video as “transgender” and called on his students to refer to him with the suffix “Mx.,” according to Liberty Counsel.
Previously known as Mark “Vince” Busenbark, the science teacher said on camerathat he is neither male nor female. He asked his students at Allis Elementary School in Madison, Wisconsin, to use pronouns such as “them” and their” instead of “him” or “her” in reference to himself. According to Liberty Counsel, a non-profit law practice that specializes in religious tolerance cases, Busenbark’s video was shown to K-5 students on May 16.
Parents were neither informed in advance of the video nor offered the option to exempt their children from viewing it. Liberty Counsel alleges the video may be in violation of the school district’s policies that say "all instruction should be 'age-appropriate, medically accurate, non-stigmatizing, and inclusive for all students.”

Busenbark now calls himself “Vica Steel” and asked students to call him by the suffix “Mx.”, according to Liberty Counsel.

“You know me as Mr. Busenbark or Mr. B,” the long-haired, disheveled Busenbark says in the video. “You've known me as the person in the science room, as the person with the plants and the animals, as the person who builds and helps you build. Most of what you know is true. Most of what you know won't change. But there is one truth that I've hidden from you — until about a month ago from my fellow teachers and friends from family.

“I am transgender,” Busenbark said. “Do you know what that means? Maybe you don't. Maybe you've only heard those words through the filter of those who hate and fear.”
Busenbark referenced the book They Call Me Mix by author Lourdes Rivas, and comments: “This is really my story.” Reading from the book, Busenbark says, “Are you a boy? Or a girl? How can you be both? Some days I am both. Some days I am neither. Most days, I am everything in between. When I was born, everyone decided and agreed that I was a girl. So, they named me Lourdes … As a kid, I never felt like just a girl.” The character in the book has as a “non-binary teacher” who teaches respect for all “genders.”
At the end of the video, Busenbark said he hoped the book allowed his students to understand the word “transgender” better and to understand him as well.
“I am going to take my wife Stella Steel’s last name and I am going to use not ‘Mr.’ and not ‘Mrs.’ but ‘Mx.’ So you can call me Mx. Steel.” Finally, at the end of the video, captions appear that read: “I am not just a boy. I am not just a girl. I’m both! And I am everything in between. I am Mx. Steel!”
We must not become inured to this stuff. We must instantly refute any assertion that it's becoming normal.

Most of all, we must remember the level on which this is really playing out. This is spiritual warfare.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment