Monday, February 22, 2016

The unthinkable and the probable are one and the same; what if it becomes our reality?

That is, of course, the ultimate question. We know that a day in politics is an eternity, and much is going to happen between now and the first Tuesday in November (more executive overreach by the Most Equal Comrade, some kind of major attack or at least threat from one of post-America's enemies, unforeseen economic occurrences, unforeseen political or personal developments in the lives of the presidential - or, for that matter, Congressional - candidates), and so I can't say with utter certainty what I will do when I step behind that machine at the county office building downtown that day.

I can only say with 90 percent certainty.

But here are some folks who see me the other ten percent. There is no argument out their more compelling than theirs.

Joe Cummingham at Red State:

The answer, for me at least, is decidedly “No.”
This is an answer that I have evolved to. But, I’ve seen his past donations, read his past statements, and heard his defense of Planned Parenthood time and again. I can say this with absolutely certainty: I very much believe in the RedState position of “Conservative in the primary, Republican in the general.” But, if Donald Trump is the nominee, then there is no Republican in the general election. That is a fact.
Brittany Pounders at Liberty Juice:

Even after years of being involved in different levels and perspectives of politics, I remember starting out this political season just a mere few months ago on a naive footing.  Throughout my adult life and looking back through the lens of history, I believed wholeheartedly that there would never be a Republican candidate that I couldn’t support over what the Democrats had to offer.  Even the worst on our ballot would always be palatable in comparison.  I preached it from whatever pulpit I was given and was deeply invested in that belief.
And then Trump.  Watching his candidacy unfold was horrifying, each week revealing another revolting piece of information on exactly who he is, what kind of loathsome policies he’s supported both philosophically and financially. Vulgar and profane.  Repugnant and immoral.  A bully of the worst sort who has been able to protect himself with his cash and grease the wheels of consequence with his status.  He shattered my solid and long held conviction that what we have to offer is always superior to the other side.
Erick Erickson at The Resurgent:

Donald Trump is a Democrat.
He has given vastly more money to Democrat causes. He supported late term and partial birth abortion until a conversion of convenience to secure Republican votes.
He was for open borders until that issue worked against him in Republican primaries.
He is friends with Hillary and Bill Clinton, who he called before getting into the Republican primary.
He opposed tea party, conservative candidates in 2010 and 2014.
A vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is a vote for Democrats in November.
I will vote for a third party candidate if Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. Because if he is, there is no meaningful difference between the Democrats and Republicans.
This is not easy to even look at. In fact, it's painful. But somebody has to stand for something right and true in this stinking world.






No comments:

Post a Comment