Thursday, February 2, 2012

A different country now

As longtime LITD readers know, when it comes to religion, I characterize myself as "leaning toward Christianity." At this point, it makes more sense to me than any other belief system, and I can clearly see its dominant role in the shaping of Western civilization. I always admire those who forthrightly profess their Christian faith and live it for all to see.

The current war in our culture against Christianity, as if it was some kind of force for ill, just may be the final push I need to embrace the faith myself. There's something really foul about the way it's maligned and silenced in our public life.

Two cases in point: retired Delta Force hero Jerry Boykin being banned from speaking at a West Point prayer breakfast for saying the West's fight against jihad is a fight against Satan, and the controversy that former New York Giants Super Bowl hero David Tyree found homself in for defending the true definition of marriage.

UPDATE: While it's particularly alarming to see this trend in the West, which, after all, used to be known as Cristendom, hatred of Christianity is worldwide and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment