Saturday, March 7, 2020

Going off the rails

Some choice utterings from the Very Stable Genius over the past few days:


This:


pastedGraphic.png
Daniel Dale

@ddale8

Trump on why he wants to leave people on the ship: “I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.” And: “They would like to quarantine people. Now when they do that our numbers are going to go up.”
 And his appearance on the site of the Tennessee tornado damage.

And then this:

On Thursday, Pence visited Washington state's Emergency Operations Center. Washington is seen as the epicenter of the coronavirus within the United States, with at least 14 deaths and almost 80 cases.
"I do want to commend, Gov. Inslee, your team's effort and the seamless partnership that was forged from the very beginning between our administration and your administration here at the state level," Pence said.
When asked Friday afternoon about Inslee, Trump had a different response.
“Oh, I told Mike not to be complimentary. … That governor is a snake. I said, 'If you’re nice to him he will take advantage,'" Trump added. "Mike may be happy with him, but I'm not."
When asked these comments during his evening press conference, Pence declined to comment. 
Now, this is an interesting factoid. The VSG has an uncle, John G. Trump, who taught electrical engineering at MIT. Now, check out what the VSG makes of that little factoid:

His nephew, the president, spoke of his purported grasp of science on Friday, saying: ‘I like this stuff. I really get it.
‘People are surprised that I understand it.
'Every one of these doctors said: "How do you know so much about this?"
Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.'
And this:


pastedGraphic.png
Meridith McGraw

@meridithmcgraw

Trump at the CDC: "As of the time I left the plane with you, we had 240 cases, that's at least what was on a very fine network known as Fox News. I know you love it. But that's what I happened to be watching, and how was the show last night? Did it get good ratings by the way?" 

I find it unsettling that it has come to this.




1 comment:

  1. Pence should tell Trump to take this job and shove it. And thereafter his testicles may descend again.

    ReplyDelete