Thursday, February 13, 2020

That didn't take long

In the roundup below, one of the items is the Atlantic article about John Kelly's candid remarks at Drew University regarding aspects of Trump's handling of policy that he observed during his time as chief of staff - North Korea, immigration, Ukraine, Lt. Col Vindman. As I read the article and included it in my post, I just knew the Very Stable Genius would take to Twitter about it sooner than later.

And, alas, he has:

President Donald Trump blasted his former chief of staff John Kelly on Thursday after the ex-top aide said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindmandid the right thing in reporting his concerns about Trump's July 25 call with Ukraine's president.
"When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head," Trump tweeted. "Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut, which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do."
"His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that 'John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you,'' Trump continued. "Wrong!"
I don't think it means I have any special powers of prediction to assert here that it also won't be long until his throne-sniffers chime in, saying that Kelly was always a deep-state cuckservative. If you find examples before LITD does, let us know.


No comments:

Post a Comment