Monday, December 31, 2012

The latest evidence that the MEC holds the country he presides over in utter disdain

Have you heard about the State Department advisory group headed by former SecDef William Perry?  I hadn't either, but I'll pay more attention now.  It is recommending that the MEC regime and Russia work out a plan to reduce their respective nuclear arsenals without bothering to craft an actual treaty and present it to Congress for ratification.

I guess this kind of development is to be expected, given that we now live in a climate in which someone who has taught constitutional law at Georgetown for forty years can get New York Times op-ed space in which to say it's time to jettison that document, which, in his view, has outlived its usefulness and constrains us in an age of unforeseen complexity.

I don't continue to fight because I'm brimming with confidence about freedom's prospects.  I continue to fight because I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment