Friday, January 19, 2018

Post-Americans aren't into the slaughter of people who aren't born yet

Peter Heck at The Resurgent has come across some telling stats:

If the rights of unborn humans can be removed with impunity, the rights of the born are not far behind. And that has become apparent to far more people than just the overwhelmingly young movement of pro-life marchers in D.C. today. It has dawned on Americans everywhere. Here are some of the newest numbers:
  • Just 12 percent of Americans support the Democratic Party's radical abortion platform, which effectively favors restriction-free abortion-on-demand.
  • A lopsided majority -- 76 percent -- believe that legal abortion should be limited to the first trimester, permitted only in very rare circumstances (rape, incest, or to save the mother's life), or barred entirely. Support for these pro-life reforms includes 61 percent of Democrats and 78 percent of independents.
  • By a 30-point margin (63/33) US voters favor a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, when an unborn child has reached her sixth month in the womb. 
Conservative commentator Guy Benson noted that there is no gender gap in these results, meaning that women are just as committed to the defending the unborn as men. This runs contrary to the far left’s hysterics that claim those who believe a baby shouldn’t be dismembered in the womb are engaged in a “war on women.” 
Pro-tip: when overwhelming majorities of Americans oppose your commitment to taking chainsaw forceps to infant limbs, it’s probably not wise to invoke the language of “war.” 
As with the entire struggle against leftism, this isn't over by a long shot.

15 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm with you all the way on calling and considering abortion what it is which is murder. Yet I'm a damnable leftist to you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you’re against moves to stop it. You may say you’re not, but when the subject comes up, you say, “Hey, it’s the law per Roe v Wade.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been anti abortion since the beginning so if I'm against moves to stop it that's news to me but thank you so very much for your Christian courage and tough love for calling me out on my moral failing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a personality type for zealotry. Thank God there are at least 64 other types. Rage on. Your type feeds on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well makes me wonder how many cons in your cited surveys are really pro. Do you think you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often pass 2 PP clinics where there are usually a half dozen mostly Catholics picketing, as they have been for over 40 years. I suppose one more wouldn't hurt. But it wouldn't necessarily help. Anyone but me. Why don't you do it? All I know is I don't think I'd ever abort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard a great author interview on EWTN with Joe Scheisler, about his book Fifhting the ,Ciktire of Death: From the Sidewalk to the Supreme Court about his activism since 1974. I been with him all the way during this long rodeo. I really don't get how evil you seem to think I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Author grew up Catholic in Hartford City, IN and we shared the same Catholic culture and bishop in towns 30 miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But you do exhibit a disturbing complacency about the fact that Roe v. Wade is "the law of the land." Pro-life activist groups, and the folks who march every year in January, are saying, "This fight is far from over," and your stance seems to be "give it up. It's too late."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well glad you added seems to be, but really isn't that between God & me? It's kinda like abortion, which is a current product of our democracy of fallen humans. Right now it's the aborter's call, that's all. For me it's always been clear that, as an oak tree starts with a sprout so doth a baby start with a zygote and should thus be honored with their full humanity as if they're 99 and slouching towards the grave or that crematorium.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not complacency or even resignation, it's more like at least thinking I have the wisdom to know the difference between what I can and cannot change. I would never do it nor would I advise anyone to do it and if you give me a vote on just that one issue I would vote no. But no, I'd never vote for a Trump on that one issue as it appears many fine fundies might have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abortion is wrong and the prolife movement is doing some of the most noble work and n the planet.

    ReplyDelete